Short Answer Essay Questions #3
Sample Short Answer Essay for the Common Application
1. This order contains two sections: Short Answer and Essay. There are three short answer questions and two essay questions
2. Use only the facts that I have presented to you in the questions in answering the questions. Do not assume any other facts. If you believe your answer depends on a material fact that is missing then state what this fact is and why it matters in answering the question.
3. Please answer every question in complete sentences. Essay answers should contain paragraphs/complete sentences and be logically organized. Bullet point answers or outline answers will be accepted. Conciseness, clarity, grammar and spelling will be expected.
4. Please limit your answers to the issues that the class has covered so far. A question may contain more than one issue, which all should be addressed if covered in the class.
5. Please define key terms, refer/cite to case law (found in the textbook) and refer/cite to Constitutional Amendments in your answer. When citing case law, please be sure to state the facts and the holding of the case and how it applies to the issue(s) in the question.
PRR 320: Tips for Writing Short Answer Essay Exams
The short answer essay prompt on the pre-2013 Common Application asked a question such as this: "Briefly elaborate on one of your extracurricular activities or work experiences."